Gary Peters deserves thanks from Michigan voters for his support on issues that help small business owners get the funds they need to grow and hire, especially when they hire our nationís military veterans.
- Peters supports education and training to help veterans and has passed legislation to give tax credits to small businesses that hire unemployed veterans.
- In 2013, the SBA guaranteed more than 1,900 loans worth nearly $700 million for Michigan small businesses.
- The SBA made 94 veteran loans for a total of $36.5 million in 2013.
He also stands up for our automakers when they need it most, in particular during the recession to help them maintain jobs and get back on solid footing. Today, General Motors and Chrysler have paid back their debts and are leading the way as Michigan's economy recovers.
- Automaker plants were running at about 32% capacity utilization in 2008. That number shot up to 70% in the first two years after the bailout.
- Peters authored and passed the Advanced Vehicles Technology Act to encourage investment in new technologies and create new high-paying jobs in Michigan.
- Auto lending continues to rise - from $695 billion in 2006 to $799 billion in 2013.
Contact Congressman Gary Peters. Thank him for standing up for Michigan's businesses, big and small. Tell him to keep Michigan growing.